Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine or not?

Wanted to share one more Valentine type card with you. Although it doesn't really have to be a Valentine because I didn't put a Valentine greeting on it.  This is a card that I made for one of the swaps I participated in at Leadership conference back in January. It was a simple card to put together but I love it so much.

I used the newsprint designer series paper from the Occasions mini catalog and the I (heart) hearts stamp set. The heart is attached with dimensionals. There are even dimensionals between the red heart and the dotted black heart.  (I need to get me some more dimensionals, I'm really running low and that scares me.)  I love the ribbon for the finishing touch. See below for a close-up.  I think it's my new favorite way to add ribbon to a card.


Isn't that cool?  I use sticky strip and just "ruffle" the ribbon up and down to achieve the look.

Remember this doesn't have to be a Valentine.  It can be a card that just says I love you and was thinking of you long after Valentine's Day is over.  It would mean even more when you give it for no reason at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment