Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring around the Corner, think flowers.....

With temperatures ready to hit close to 50 today, I'm certainly thinking Spring. How can I not?  I'm ready for all the snow to melt and get my driveway back.  I hate how it becomes the incredible shrinking driveway with each snow fall.  It's the small things in life, really.

Anyway onto the cheery, floral card for today.  These pansies have been around for awhile but I never made them myself until one of my regular hostessed asked to see them. So off I was to create my own pansies using the butterfly punch.  You need to punch 2 butterflies from watercolor or shimmer paper to make each pansy.

You spritz both butterflies with water and then you use ink refills to watercolor the butterflies.  Because you spritz the cardstock first the ink will "bleed" into other areas.  You attach the butterflies together with a brad.

I used the tulip frame impressions folder on the daffodil delight cardstock.  I love that folder. I want more of them.  I used the level 3 hostess set for the words, there are inside and outside word sets.  The white cardstock needed something more so I used a basic black marker to trim the edges.  There's that ribbon ruffle again.  Told you I'm loving how it looks on cards.  Plus it's easier than making a bow.


Here's a close up of the flowers. I used concord crush and daffodil delight refills.  If you would like to learn how to make these, I'd love to come out and show you and your friends how to.  Contact me today to schedule your gathering.

Enjoy the warmth and sunshine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment