Friday, February 25, 2011

Is it a box, Is it a Card, Just What is It? Petal Cone Die?

Are you staying dry today?  It's raining like crazy here in Northeast PA, but I guess that's so much better than snow.  I'm ready for Spring, bring it on!

Today is Fabulous Friday.  I just don't know where the time goes.  Seems like just yesterday I did last Friday's posting. Not sure what happened to Saturday through Thursday.  Actually, I know what happened to Wednesday and Thursday, it's called subbing.  I have been a substitute teacher the past three days.  It's been a lot of fun being with the kids and helping to mold their futures but it sure makes time pass away quickly not being home during the day to do things I often do during the day.

Anyway, this week at Sisters in Stamping we were challenged to use the Petal Cone die for the big shot.  Be sure to check out what the other sisters did.  I was loving this challenge.  The petal cone die is so versatile and at first you would not think that.  I thought it was such a cute box but once I got it, I quickly realized (on my own, too, surprising right?) how awesome this new die was going to be.  So much so that I am offering a class in March that will focus on the petal cone die.  Watch for details in my class schedule coming out in a few days.



So what do you think?  Isn't it the cutest thing ever?  I used the die to make an awesome ice cream cone card.  Ice cream is a weakness of mine so when I looked at the die cut cardstock and saw that I was estatic.  Especially since I don't need to cut out all the pieces by hand to create it.

I used the square lattice embossing folder to give the bottom more of a sugar cone look.  I also used the direct to paper technique on the "cone" to give it a more realistic look.  I cut the scallop "ice cream" in three different colors because I thought it would be so much fun to have a triple dip cone. I've never ordered one for myself because that's just too much ice cream at one time but it was fun to make one with my cardstock.  (Get this, it's absolutely guilt free with zero calories)

I finished it off with some chunky glitter to resemble some sprinkles.  (Ignore the white line on the top ice cream, the glue wasn't dry all the when before I had to leave for school, check back later for a dry version) Check out the drop of ice cream sprinkles that landed on the cone. Fun, huh?


Don't forget to go check out the Sisters in Stamping blog to see even more great ideas using the Petal cone die.


No comments:

Post a Comment