Friday, November 5, 2010

Fabulous Friday Decor

Time for another Fabulous Friday challenge at Sisters in Stamping.  This week we needed to use the Decor Blocks found in the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog and the Definitely Decorative Decor Catalog.

I decided to make a "Snow Tower" for my project.  I used the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Paper from the Holiday Mini Catalog to cover my blocks.  I used the Tombo Multi Purpose Adhesive (AKA the green glue) to attach the paper to the block.  I also used sticky strip to attach each block to the one underneath it.


I used the Serif Alphabet to cut out the letters and the snowflake embossing folder to emboss each of the letters.  I then took the 2 way glue pen to the raised images to attach some dazzling diamonds glitter to each letter.


I used the Northern Frost decorative strip for each of the snowflakes.  Before I cut them out I put a strip of white cardstock on the adhesive sheets (found in the Holiday Mini Catalog) so that I can easily cover the entire snowflake with dazzling diamonds glitter to add a lot of sparkle to the finished result.  I also attached a rhinestone in the center of each of the snowflakes.


I also used the circles # 2 die to cut the brushed silver cardstock to put behind each letter.  The circles are attached to each block using dimensionals (you know I was going to use them somewhere, right? lol)


I finished the "tower" off by tying the entire thing in marina mist 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more decor blocks ideas.

Thanks for stopping by again. There will be some Christmas card ideas posted tomorrow and Sunday so come back for more Holiday ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment