Friday, September 10, 2010

Favorite?? Do you mean one?? Ugh!!!!!!!

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday posting. This week at Sisters in Stamping we had to pick our favorite new stamp set from the Holiday Mini Catalog and make something with it.  Sounds easy???? Well, it definitely isn't an easy task if you have seen that catalog.  It's GREAT!!!!!! Which makes it very difficult to pinpoint one set as your favorite.

I mean look at the adorable Fang-tastic set for cute Halloween treats.  Then there is the so realistic looking leaf prints in the French Folliage set. And the new Bingo sets....just awesome.  So many possibilities with that.  Then the very cute, A Cute Christmas set with the whimsical trees, stockings, and mittens to name a few. And the fun accessory set, Season of Hugs, that compliments the Build A Bear line.  Those are just a few of the many, many great stamps in the new mini.  See, not easy!

But alas, I had to choose just one.  And it really didn't take me long to pick one that was my ultimate favorite simply because it has a lot of sentimental value to me.  I picked the Jolly Old Saint Nick set.  Why? you ask. Well, when I first looked through the catalog that one stood out because of the great big Santa face that is winking at me.


That image reminded me of a decoration my Mom would hang on a door or in a window every year at Christmas. Remember when most decorations were those thin cardboard pieces?  So it brought me right back to my childhood and all the memories of the wonderful Christmases my Mom was sure my sister and I always had.  Lots of traditions. Christmas Eve dinner (lots of Polish traditional food), driving around looking at lights, new pajamas on Christmas Eve, cookies, cookies, and more cookies (all homemade) and of course the presents we opened on Christmas morning. Mom always tried so hard to get us what we wanted. Remember the year Cabbage Patch Dolls were the "it" thing to have?  Well, she managed to get us each one even though lines were tremendously long and not very many dolls at any store.  Fights even broke out in some stores because they were in such demand. But it didn't stop her, we each had our doll under the tree.

So this card is for my Mom.  I love you, Mom.   She's no longer with us. It's been almost 16 years since she left us but I still hold many of her traditions dear to my heart and carry them on for my children.  See why I couldn't help but make a card with this image?  It just spoke to me in a way that no other set ever has.

Now that I'm done being all emotional. (Thanks for bearing with me)  Here is all that I used to create this card.

Jolly Old Saint Nick   
Candy Cane Designer Series Paper  
Real Red Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Basic Black Classic Pad
Blush Blossom Marker
Real Red Marker
Bashful Blue Marker (on his eye)
Tombo Multipurpose Adhesive (to apply the glass glitter)
Silver Glass Glitter  
Tinsel Trim Silver  (threaded through the button)
Candy Cane Big Designer Buttons
Mini Glue Dots (to hold the button)
Dimensionals (did you think I forgot them?)

Thanks for stopping by again.  Next week at Sisters in Stamping we are going to be having a "wheely" good time so be sure to come back.


No comments:

Post a Comment