Friday, August 20, 2010

Where does the time go?

Seriously, I need an answer to that question.  It just keeps passing by me, I can't stand it anymore.  I know I didn't post the tin for the build a bear magnetic set yet. I'm sorry.  I was crazy busy all weekend and week because we are putting a new hardwood floor in our family room and then I had the task of buying furniture too.  So I promise I haven't forgotten about it, I will get post it, just not today because today is Fabulous Friday.

This week over at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing on all the great new Designer Series papers that we have.  You will want to head over there to check out what the other sisters have done with it.

I decided to recreate a project I did last weekend for a kid's class I held.  It was a back to school class so we decorated a folder, notebook, pen and made a bookmark.  We used paper from the Summer Mini Catalog so I switched it up a bit and used the new Play Date Designer Series Paper that I thought was perfect for a back to school theme.  I think Jonah may give this to his teacher on the first day of school.  Bet she'll love it.


Here's the complete set.  I also used the Big Shot and the Simple Letters Dies to cut letters to put on the notebook that says quite simply "notes" and the folder says "stuff."


Now this was just a inexpensive boring blue tablet that I took and applied some Stampin' Up! magic to.  Who wouldn't want to carry this around versus a plain tablet that everyone has?



The folder is one of those really inexpensive paper folders that are in abundance this time of year. Add some designer paper, a couple of die cut shapes and letters and presto, you are at the top of your class.



The paper clip is a jumbo clip that can be found in any office supply area.  I used the stars die to make the topper of this bookmark.  Or you can simply hold a lot of papers together with it as well.  Your student will never lose the page again.



And lastly, to complete the set you need a coordinating pen, right?  I just took a small piece of designer series paper and rolled it around the barrel of ink that comes apart from the pen case.

Hope you are inspired to create some great back to school projects for your favorite student.  I have already set up a posting for tomorrow with the set that I did as a class last weekend so check back tomorrow for a totally different look.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more ideas using the Designer Series paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment