Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hip to be Square Part 2

Here's part 2 of the Hip to be Square card class. I love the Simply Thanks Birthday cupcake and don't use it nearly often enough.  So I said I'm going to use it for this class because it would be perfect for a square card.  To make this card I used a Stampin' Write marker to "color" the rubber image I wanted to use.  If I had used a regular Classic Ink Pad, I would have had the words in the center of the cupcake bottom but I wanted it to be just a plain birthday card to give to someone and not a thank you for a birthday gift.  Understand???


The background was also stamped with the row of cakes/cupcakes stamp from the Birthday Bakery Hostess Level 1 set.  It's difficult to see in the picture but it does make a difference. Trust me. : )




And here is the final card we made at the Hip to be Square card class.  This was a pretty simple Christmas card to make. (You just need to remember to stamp the tree right side up, right?).  The colors on this are old olive, cherry cobbler and very vanilla.  I also embossed the background with the perfect polka dots folder andthe Big Shot.  Don't you just love how the pearls finish the card off?

Remember all cards are 5 1/4" square.  And yes Stampin' Up! carries envelopes for this size card. Hope you have enjoyed these cards. I had a great time designing them and will definitely doing more square card classes in the future.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment