Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hip to be Square Cards Part 1

As promised, here's more square cards.  These cards are from a class I held last weekend: Hip to be Square Cards.  Each attendee made 8 cards in total, 4 different designs, 2 of each.  I ended up making all celebration type of cards. Today I'll be sharing the brides and babies half of the class.  Come back tomorrow for Birthday and Christmas. 


This card using the soon be be gone Blissful Bride stamp set from the summer mini catalog.  I really liked how this card turned out.  The multiple layers of black and white really add a lot of dimension to the card without a lot of bulk.  Of course, we needed to add some pearls and bling to this card.  What bride wouldn't want to be dazzling on her Wedding day?  This card is simple yet elegant.  I loved it.



This second card is the baby card everyone made.  When I first envisioned this card I was going to use a different baby stamp set.  Well after searching high and low for a set I was convinced I had purchased, I checked out my orders on Stampin' Up!'s web site and low and behold, I never ordered that set. So then it was back to the drawing board (but only so far back because the base of the card was designed and cut for everyone).  So that when I decided to use the cute little Momma elephant and her baby for the focal point of my card.  This card uses blushing bride, pear pizzazz and early espresso.

Hope you enjoy these square cards.  Remember to check back tomorrow for the other two cards from the Hip to be Square class.

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment