Friday, January 22, 2010

Sweet Valentine without the Calories

The weeks are just flying by and time is slipping through my hands. I can't believe it's Friday, yet again? You know time is going fast when your children are saying it's Friday already. With that said, it is time for another Fabulous Friday at the Sisters in Stamping blog. Be sure to head on over there after you read this to see what the other Sisters have created.

This week's challenge was to make something using a Valentine's theme. I saw a luminary similiar to this in a magazine using snowflakes and thought that would be a cute idea and a great project for me to create this week.


I used vellum cardstock to make the "box". I cut it at 6 3/4" x 11". Then it was scored at 2 1/2", 5", 7 1/2 ", and 10" on the 11" side. Then I turned it a quarter turn and scored at 2 1/2" on the 6 3/4" side. The vellum is being held together with sticky strip. The best adhesive around for 3-D projects. Once it sticks, you are golden.

I used some Designer Series Paper from the Sweet Pea pack of paper that can be found in the Occasions mini catalog. I used pinks and reds, of course. To cute the large heart from the center of the panel, I used the hearts sizzlet 4 pack and the big shot. I actually cut 2 layers at a time.



I also used the heart to heart punch to embellish the panels a little more. Once you attach the panels to the vellum box you are set. I added a battery operated tealight to it. It looks really pretty lit up at night.
I hope you enjoy this project and remember to check back often for more ideas. Don't forget to hop on over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for other Valentine's ideas.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment