Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas with the Sisters.


Welcome to another fabulous Friday posting brought to you by the Sisters in Stamping blog.

This week's focus is Christmas cards. If you haven't decided on your card there are some great ideas shared this week and you won't want to miss them. Be sure to head on over there to see the rest. Click the link above to navigate there.
I used the Dasher and Serene Snowflakes stamp sets for this simple yet elegant card. I began with a base layer of very vanilla cardstock. I then used kraft and bravo burgundy for the next layer. The burgundy layer is not as wide as the kraft. I liked the asymetrical look this gave the card. That layer was stamped using chocolate chip and bravo burgundy classic inks as well as the whisper white craft pad using the Serene Snowflakes set.
Then I stamped Dasher in chocolate chip ink on very vanilla cardstock. He was layered onto chocolate chip cardstock and attached to the card using (my favorite, of course) dimensionals. I didn't add a greeting to the card but you can easily stamp a small greeting on the bottom or side of Dasher.
Hope you enjoyed today's posting. Remember to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog and of course check back often to see other great ideas for you to create on your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment