Wednesday, October 7, 2009

World Card Making Day Projects

Hello there Stampin' Friends,


Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I have been extremely busy with my student teaching experience that I haven't had a moment to spare to update the blog. I had my first observation yesterday (that's why I was so busy, needed to prepare for that). It went extremely well and my college supervisor didn't have anything negative to say. What a relief. I'm so proud of the 18 first graders and their excellant behavior during the observation. It sure made things go much smoother for me. Now I only have 3 more observations to go and I'm finished. After Friday, I am 1/3 of the way done with the student teaching experience.

Anyway, enough about that. I have 6 cards to share with you today. All of these cards were part of the World Card Making Day - Christmas Cards Class that was held on Saturday. If you weren't able to attend, I'm sorry you missed these great cards. Don't worry I'll be holding more classes, so be watching for the class schedule to mark you calendar.



The above card was created by Lucia Behler, a member of my Yurinkin' Stamp Addicts team. I love the simplicity of the embossed look of this card. The stamp set is Home for Christmas. The card uses handsome hunter, very vanilla and ruby red cardstock. The stamp was inked in versamark and embossed in gold. The wreath was colored in using the Ruby red marker.



I created the above card using the Berry Christmas set found in the mini catalog. It uses whisper white, rich razzleberry, old olive and brushed gold cardstock. The ink used was Encore Gold, old olive and rich razzleberry. I love the paper stamped with the poinsetta in the background. Several people at the class thought they didn't get their sheet of designer series paper. They didn't realize it was just stamped. You can always make your own designed paper to match any project.


The above card was also created by Lucia. She used Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry. These non-traditional Christmas colors make for a really fun card. She used the new snowflake set called Serene Snowflake for this card. The silver snowflakes were actually stamped with the platinum shimmer paint, which is also found in the mini catalog.



The Joy card I created using the big shot Serif Essentials alphabet and the Delightful Decorations stamp set from the mini catalog. The cardstock is Always artichoke and real red. The designer series paper, Merry Moments, is found in the big catalog.



The blue card above uses the Tree Trimmings stamp set with the Many Merry Messages for the greeting. To create this card I used Night of Navy, Bordering Blue and Whisper White Cardstock. I used the Encore silver pad along with the night of navy, bordering blue and brocade blue pads. I also used the diamond pattern texture plate on the bordering blue cardstock. In real life, it looks so nice, not sure if you'll be able to get the full beauty of the card from the picture. The ornaments are stamped, cut out, and attached with (my favorite thing) dimensionals.



The above card was created by Lucia also. I love the non tradtional colors she used for it. Cardstock is bermuda bay, whisper white and green galore. Ink is bermuda bay and green galore. She also used the satin white ribbon, white gel pen and dimensionals for the trees.
If you would like to place an order for any of these items (or any other items), click here.
Have a marvelous Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment