Friday, December 15, 2017

Time to Trim the Tree

Hello Stamping Friends,

Wherever you are, I'm hoping you are staying warm on this very cold morning. It is a bitter 8 degrees outside this morning. Brrrrrr. I guess it's that time of year and there's no escaping it for those of us living in the Northeast. Time to bundle up and stay inside if at all possible.

It's Friday and you know that means it's time for a pot with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we are sharing different Christmas ornaments with you. Giving a handmade ornament to someone will surely be treasured for years to come. As a matter of fact, I have many handmade ornaments on my tree that mean so much to me. Many my mom made, a sure treasure with her being gone for over 20 years. I also have another ornament that means a lot to me on my tree. It's from my 6th grade teacher (let's just say it's over 30 year old). He hand painted them and then wrote our name and year on it and signed them. Yes, every year it goes on the tree and I get to think of my 6th grade school year. Thank you Mr. Mazur.

 I do get to see him on occasion and a few years back, I told him I still put it on my tree and he  said he stopped doing it not long after our class because the students didn't appreciate them anymore. Well, I made sure to let him know that I really appreciated it and absolutely love putting it on the tree every year.


For my ornaments, I found these ceramic plain ornaments at the Target dollar spot. You know the spot they have right in front of the store when you walk in and you spend $50 before actually entering the store. LOL Anyway, it was a pack of 3 ornaments for $3. My thought was that I could stamp on them and then use the Stampin' Blends to color them in. Well, my thoughts worked out. Love it when that happens. 

I stamped the little Eskimo (have to admit, first time inking it up) from Cookie Cutter Christmas using the Momento Ink and colored with the blends. I also doodled along the edge of the ornament to finish it off. And to make it sparkle (because we all know we need more sparkle) I used the fine tip glue pen to add glue to the "fur" parts and then added dazzling diamonds. The fine tip glue pen glue is really strong and the glitter is NOT coming off.


For this one, I stamped the Santa from Cookie Cutter Christmas using Momento ink and then colored him in. I used the Stampin' Blends to also color the rest of the ornament old olive with a dark border too. Of course, he needed to be finished off with some glitter as well.


This was the third ornament in the pack. A cute little bow. Unfortunately, this one won't be hanging on any tree this year. If you look close enough, I obviously don't realize my own strength and I pressed down way too hard and cracked the ornament right in half. I still wanted to show you this one though because I used the paisley set to make a paisley ornament. It would have been so cute if I wasn't such a bully to an innocent ornament though.

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more great ornament ideas. 

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment