Thursday, December 14, 2017

Non-Traditional Christmas Stamper's Dozen Blog Hop


Hello Stamping Friends,

It's time for another great blog hop with the Stamper's Dozen. This month's theme is non-traditional Christmas. That means absolutely NO RED OR GREEN. Not an easy task but definitely a run challenge. I selected basic black, whisper white and berry burst for my colors. I really like how my finished card turned out. You know, that doesn't always happen.


I used the awesome sheet music designer series paper as my background and built the card up from that. I stamped the ornaments from the Carols of Christmas stamp set directly on the designer paper and also on a scrap piece of whisper white so I could cut them out and put them on dimensionals while still having the strings flat. Yes, I purposely cut the designer paper so that you can see the title of the song.


I also used a stampin' sponge to edge the sides of the paper with black ink to distress it a bit. The berry burst ribbon gives the appearance of holding all the ornaments together. Or so, I think anyway. I also stamped the little dots (berries???) randomly on the sheet music paper to just add an extra little touch. I also love how the black and white striped ribbon is the top of the card. 

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Don't just stop here though, continue on the blog hop to see all the other great non-traditional Christmas cards and goodies.


Be sure to click the button below to head over to Bonnie's Blog 



Visit Judy's Blog if you are just coming here.




No comments:

Post a Comment