Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Come and Get It



Hello Stamping Friends,

It's time to warm up, grab a cup of cocoa and enjoy this month's Stamper's Dozen Blog Hop. It's been a crazy, crazy weather day here in Pennsylvania. Mother Nature has graciously given us a gift of a blizzard, about 30" of snow and it's still coming. I'm so thankful for a kind neighbor that helped us clear our driveway today. Although, I'm pretty sure when we get up tomorrow, there will be huge drifts out there that need to be cleared because the wind is picking up. So if you are here on the east coast and getting the gift of snow, stay safe. If you want to see some pictures from today, scroll to the end.

Now let's talk about the real reason you are here; a great blog hop that is sure to inspire you. This month the theme is a food challenge. Tacos, cupcakes, ice cream, hot dogs, etc are all up for grabs for our cards. We also needed to include one ribbon, twine, thread or washi tape.

I went for the cold treat of ice cream, not that I want any of that today. (haha) Honestly though, I love my ice cream. Doesn't matter if it's cold or not, I will always enjoy a good bowl of ice cream. Toppings are just a bonus.

My card uses the Cool Treat bundle that is in the Occasions Catalog. Such a fun suite of products. This card uses the designer series paper, washi tape, stamp set and coordinating framelits from the product line. Makes life so easy when there are so many great products that you can pull from that coordinate beautifully together. I love when it all falls together with minimal thought and effort on my end. The colors were all selected from the designer series paper and the rest just came together. Thank you Stampin' Up!


For this set of framelits, they actually cut a bit smaller than the image whereas the most of the other framelits leave a white border. I wasn't sure how I felt about this at first but after using it, I think it's perfect the way it is. 












This was at 11:30 am, 21 inches and counting


See that man at the end of my driveway? He's our angel. We went out to start shoveling and he came over with his snow blower. With all of working together we got the driveway cleared. At that point, the road wasn't even plowed. He used his snowblower to cross the street from his house.


That's a lot of snow. Not sure how we would have ever got it done with shovels. Times like this I decide my driveway is too long. 


And here's my grandson and my 13 year old son on top of the world. 'Er, I mean, on top of the snow mound that I can no longer lift snow over to dump it after shoveling the driveway. 


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

1 comment:

  1. Love the yummy-looking ice cream treat! Plz forgive me if I pass on the snowy stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete