Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Color Challenge with Stamper's Dozen Blog Hop

Hello Stamping Friends,



I can hardly believe another month has passed and it's time for the Stamper's Dozen Blog Hop again. This blog hop makes me realize just how fast time goes by and I'm not sure how I feel about that if you know what I mean.

Anyway, it is here and this month we are doing a color challenge, night of navy, watermelon wonder and mint macaron. I guess I cheated a little bit because I used the Sale-a-bration designer series paper, Carried Away for my starting point since it has those three colors in it.


I used markers on the hot air balloon to color it the three different colors. Who wants a hot air balloon that's all one color? The more colorful the better or so I think in this case. That's not always the case, though so don't say I said it for everything.

I started with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock scored at 5 1/2". Then I cut 1 1/4" off the top front flap of the card so you can see the inside a little bit. I then used a 2" circle punch to punch a half circle out of the front flap, which is where the hot air balloon is.

On the inside whisper white cardstock, I stamped the two different size clouds in night of navy. You need some clouds to float a hot air balloon.

The outside strip of designer series paper is 5 1/2" x 1 1/4" and then the layering piece of watermelon wonder is 5 1/2" x 1 1/2". Then I just knotted a piece of watermelon wonder striped ribbon around that before attaching it to the base of the card.

The greeting was heat embossed (yep, that's something I don't do too often) in white to make it really pop.

Don't forget to hop on over to the next blog to see more inspiration for this color challenge.  For complete list of supplies, scroll down.






Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$49.95
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

No comments:

Post a Comment