Friday, January 6, 2017

Happy Birthday to ?, Happy Birhtday to ?

Hello Stamping Friends,

What a great Friday morning we have here. Well, maybe the weather isn't warm and sunshiney. Actually, it is the exact usually expected January 6th weather. White and cold. I'm kind of like Punxatawny Phil with this date. It ALWAYS snows on January 6th! Even if it's just flurries, there is always some white floating around. You ask, how do you know this? Why do you care to remember this? Well, it's quite easy. Today is my big day. It's my birthday. Yep, and every year it snows. Woke up this morning to about a 1/2" of snow, so I figured it was the perfect start to the day. At this point in my life I think I would be more concerned if it didn't snow at all on January 6th each year. Know what I mean?

Anyway, in honor of this special day, the Sisters in Stamping have decided to share some great birthday cards with all of you so you can get ready for the year ahead and all the birthdays that will soon be coming up. Hope you enjoy them and are inspired to get a head start on your cardmaking.


I thought this card was a perfect card to share today (when we are the furthest thing from bees and flowers) with all of you. It's a card that I made for my presentation in Seacacus, New Jersey, back in November. Now that the Occasions Catalog and the Sale-a-bration brochures have made their long-awaited debut, I feel it's the perfect time to start sharing these great cards with you.

Having a January birthday is not always easy and very memorable because it kind of gets clouded by all the fun holiday fesitivities you have been involved in for the entire month of December. So in my ever humble opinion, I think receiving a card like this is a perfect pick me up. We winter birthday people don't always like the winter birthday cards. Sometimes we want to pretend that the sun is shining brightly and we could smell the flowers, so this card would be a good distraction from the winter doldrums that try to set in about now.

There are so many great products that I used on this card. I think the one thing that is going to be a favorite for so many people are the new watercolor pencils. You are going to LOVE them. I'm actually going to be holding a class that is centered around them. Be watching for that.

I added some sparkle to the bees wings with some dazzling diamonds. It was the perfect finishing touch, if you were to ask me. (I know, you didn't ask.)

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00
Blender Pens
[102845]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment