Friday, October 9, 2015

We are all God's Work of Art

Hello Stamping Friends,

I am so excited to share this week's card with you for Sisters in Stamping. What was in my head actually turned out great on paper. AND that doesn't often happen. There's usually some tweaking I need to do to the original thought out design but this came together beautifully and it didn't take me long to create it either because I had the details all written down from my brainstorming session earlier this week.

Plus, it only took about 20 minutes (I know this because I had cupcakes baking in the oven while I made this card) to make late last night before I headed to bed. You know how that goes, the gotta do this, this and this before I go to bed or I simply won't sleep list. Especially if you take a few hours in a night for yourself and head to see Nancy Kerrigan's Halloween on Ice with a friend, (BTW, great show) and you know your son has a soccer tournament all weekend long and needs his gear washed and things packed. Oh, let's not forget the cupcakes I was baking to take to the tournament. Geez, why do I do this to myself. (LOL)


Anyway, this week for Fabulous Friday we are sharing cards with you with a different type of fold (or way to open them up). I settled on a great pocket card and am really happy with the finished card. Isn't it great? You begin with two half sheets of cardstock ( 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"), fold them in half and then cut one side of each piece of cardstock on a diagonal from top to bottom. Then use the tear and tape adhesive to attach these two together in the back and also to hold the "flaps" down to create the pocket. When done with that just embellish and you are done.


I used the Into the Woods designer Series Paper on the bottom half of the pocket to create the look of a tree trunk while I decided the base of my card would be old olive so that it would look more like the top of a full tree. Make sense? Stamp a few leaves, use some thinlits to cut them out and punch out an acorn to finish it off. Add some dimensionals to attach everything to the front of the card and you are good to go.


Then for the insert of the card, just cut a smaller piece of daffodil delight cardstock and an even smaller layer of very vanilla to place on top of that. Stamp a few leaves and a special saying because we truly are all God's special work of art and you have the insert to the card. I added some striped ribbon to the top to make it easier for people to understand to pull it out so you can see what's inside.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more different folds cards. You're going to love them.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment