Friday, March 14, 2014

Luck 'o the Irish

Hello Stamping Friends,

Happy Friday to you. Hope you are enjoying the sunshine where ever you are. It's still awfully cold here in NEPA but the sun is shining so that makes it a bit happier. I must admit I'm pretty fond of St. Patrick's Day. I'm guessing there are a few reasons for that. My Irish heritage, the color green (it is my favorite), and the memories of growing up with my Dad always beeping the horn at the Leprechauns that I somehow never saw. Maybe on St. Patty's Day, I'll share that story more, so come back Monday to check that out. It's a good one, I promise.

It is Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping and my love of St. Patty's Day can continue with the theme this week: St. Patrick's Day treats.  I couldn't help myself, once I got thinking, my little brain just kept going and I came up with three different ideas. Same treat, but different. Hope you like them as much as I had fun making them.

 
See, three different treats but they are all the same treats. Nothing speaks St. Patty's day like a shamrock, a green leprechaun hat and, of course, we can't forget the pot of gold. The 1x8 cello bags were the perfect thing for me to make my rainbow and keep it in order just the way I wanted it to be. These treats came together pretty quickly. Just needed some punches and cardstock and I was ready to go.

 
Here's a close-up of the shamrock. Three little hearts punched out and put together makes the top part of the shamrock, the stem is actually the side of the deco label punch just punched on the edge of cardstock, moved over about a 1/4" and punch again.

 
Next up, is the lucky leprechaun hat. Here, I used the word window punch for the bottom of the hat and the orange band on the hat. The hat itself is a 1" square punch with the top two sides corner rounded. And then I used the little postage stamp punch from one of the itty bitty punch packs for the "buckle" on the hat.


And finally, we have our pot of gold. I used the 1 3/8" circle punch with about 1/4" cut off the top. The word window is the top of the pot and the "gold" is 6 1/2" circle punches layered from behind the pot.

All three of the images are attached to a black piece of cardstock punched from the deco label punch. I also used the chalk marker to outline each one of them. Looks so much better that way. I also used the black Stampin' Write marker to outline the images to give them a little more definition. It's the little details that makes it all come together.

I hot glued the topper to the front of the cello bag. I wanted to be sure they weren't going to fall off. The nice thing is the opening of the bag is at the back so you can open the treat without ruining the topper.

I also hot glued the "gold" onto the pot because the glimmer paper is tricky with getting  adhesive to stick.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more St. Patrick's Day goodies.

Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: None
Ink: White Chalk Marker & Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Paper: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, & Gumball Green Cardstock, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Other: Decorative Label Punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, word window punch, 1" square punch, corner rounder punch, little postage stamp punch from itty bitty punch pack, small heart punch, 1"x 8" cello bags, hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
 

No comments:

Post a Comment