Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bridal Shower Nametags

Hello Stamping Friends,

Today I'm sharing with you some nametags I made for a high school friend. She was helping with the planning of her sister's bridal shower and asked me if I could make nametags for them because she remembered I made them for our class reunion a few years ago and she really liked them. So I gathered all the pertinent details: colors, theme, when they were needed and, of course, all the names, and got busy coming up with an idea.

 
They were having a wine theme so that's what the "Uncorked" is for under my friend's name. No, I didn't make the wine name up. I just used what was given to me. However, I believe "Uncorked" may be 100% accurate for Cathy. Luv ya, Cath. Each of the attendees, bride and the mom's had a wine theme name under their real names. I printed the title, name and wine name onto white cardstock via the computer and printer.

 
The framelits and big shot made these super easy to make and for the end result to look fabulous too. I love the silver glimmer paper in between the white and island indigo cardstock. Makes it feel more "bubbly,"  or so I thought anyway.  You can see I also used a silver Zig Paint pen around the edge of the white cardstock to make a border. When I put it all together it needed something else and that was the perfect finishing touch.  I used hot glue to put these together because I wanted to be sure none of them fell apart during the shower. That would not have been good. 

 
Here they all are. Before I delivered them I put them in one of our clear envelopes so they would be protected until the shower. I didn't want the pins on the back scratching and wreaking havoc on the front of the nametags. Cathy said they loved them. I'm glad I was able to help out. Thank you for giving me the opportunity and trusting me to make something for a very important day.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Happy Hour
Ink: Island Indigo and Smokey Slate Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Island Indigo and Whisper White Cardstock, Silver Glimmer Paper
Other: Big Shot, Deco Labels Collection Framelits, Basic Rhinestones (on the bride's only)
Non Stampin' Up!: Hot glue gun, hot glue, pins, Zig Painty Pen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment