Friday, November 22, 2013

Frosty Wreath for Fabulous Friday

Hello Stamping Friends,

Time for another Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we needed to make a home décor piece for the holidays.  Hmmm, that's what I said at first, but now, I'm loving my final product.  I really do think it's F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S.  Hope you agree.

 
A beautiful paper wreath. The Winter Frost specialty designer series paper from the holiday catalog is wonderful. The foil accent sheets really make this wreath dazzle. Just hard to see in the picture.

 
I cut 6 sheets of paper (2 of them were the specialty sheets) into 1/2" x 6" strips and curled them using scissors. Yes, the same method that you use to curl ribbon to make packages pretty. I hot glued my strips to the Styrofoam wreath but I have heard others use straight pins to pin them on. I personally just think it's easier to hot glue. Plus, I know it will be staying in place.

 
This is just a picture of it against a wall instead of my front door with the windows.  I cut snowflakes using the festive flurry framelits dies from silver glimmer paper which in my ever so humble opinion just finishes the project off perfectly. No, seriously, the sparkle the snowflakes add makes the whole project pop and look more spectacular. The camera just can't capture it.

 
Here is a close-up of the left hand side of the wreath. Notice I cut the large snowflakes and then cut a smaller snowflake out of the center.  The large snowflakes are different (look closely), the centers have different snowflakes cut out of them, one small and one a little larger. After all, there are no two snowflakes alike.  Then I place the cut-outs in between the large snowflakes.
 
The finishing bling was the Frosted Finishes Embellishments added to the centers of the smaller snowflakes.  The snowflakes are also hot glued onto the paper.
 
Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more great home décor projects.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper, Silver Glimmer paper
Accessories: Frosted Finishes Embellishments, Festive Flurry Framelits dies, Big Shot, Magnetic plate,  Silver 1/8" ribbon, hot glue gun, hot glue sticks


No comments:

Post a Comment