Friday, June 7, 2013

Something for Dad

Hello Stamping Friends,

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday posting with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we are focusing on those very special men in our lives. The ones that are there for us from the beginning, our Dads.  They certainly deserve a special card for all the do and all they mean to us.

 I know I love my dad so much. He's fun-loving, always the joker but always there to protect me and be there for me when I need him. And he's even more special to me since I lost my mom so many years ago. He stepped right up to the plate and became both mom and dad for me when he needed to. He even helped me plan and make things for my wedding. He took the boys overnight for us many times (even when they were babies still in diapers).


He's an awesome PaPa, too. My boys just love him to pieces. I mean really, how many other Papa's are out there that hang out with the 16 year olds at a birthday party and playing tic tac toe on the kitchen floor with chalk?????? (All his idea and the kids either) I certainly don't know of any others. Yes, my Dad recently did just that at Noah's 16th Birthday Party. Noah and his friends didn't mind one bit that the "old man" was hanging with them. They had a blast and laughed and laughed. That's my Dad.

 
And you know what is even more special, my boys have a great relationship with their dad (my husband). He plays with them, jokes with them and just knows how to have fun. So much so that I often say I have three boys.  I'm so blessed to have both of these men in my life and thank God for each of them everyday.
 
My card today was pretty easy to make. It's simple but it doesn't need to say much more than it already does. I made the tie from my own little template that I created.  I knew I wanted to make this card but I didn't have a tie pattern and didn't know what to do. I was at school one day and there was a little wooden triangle the kids were playing with and then bam, I was hit in the head with this brilliant idea to use that triangle for the top of the tie and then for the bottom of the tie as well. All I needed to do once I traced the triangle into both places was draw a diagonal line to connect each triangle on the two sides.  Pretty clever, huh?

Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Family Reunion (recently retired)
Ink: Island Indigo
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo & Whisper White Cardstock & Quatrefancy Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Mosaic Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Snail Adhesive, Paper Snips
 
Don't forget to visit Sisters in Stamping for more inspiration for those special guys in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment