Friday, February 18, 2011

Cupcakes for everyone

This week at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing on the great cupcake punch found in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I personally love how the punch coordinates with the stamp set, Create a Cupcake.  It's so much fun creating when you don't have to cut everything out the "old-fashioned" way (aka scissors).


I had some pre-cut materials left over from my Open House last weekend so I challenged myself to use a lot of what I already had ready to go.  (I just realized I didn't show you those cards, guess that will be in the next few days, so be sure to come back).  Anyway, I started with daffodil delight cardstock and folded the cardstock to make a z-fold card (see picture below).  I then used some of the great Designer Series paper from the Ice Cream parlour sweet from the Sale-a-bration brochure.  Which, by the way, you can get FREE with a $50 order until the end of March.

See a cool trick below for how I stamped both pieces of the cupcake and punched them out at the same time.  For the focal point of the card I used the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and the 1 3/4" circle punch.  I attached the pom poms on the back of the old olive circle.  And of course, the cupcake is attached to that with dimensionals.


Here is the view from the top of the card so you can see how it's folded.  It's a very easy way to change up a "regular" card.  Just take the right edge of the card (where it opens) and fold it back to the left edge of the card (on the fold).  It's such a fun, festive birthday card.  Defintiely going to make a few more of these to have them on hand.


Here is the trick I promised you.  I took a piece of Stampin' Up!'s window sheets and punched it with the cupcake punch.  This allowed me to line up the stamps so that I could stamp and then punch only once. Cool, huh?

Remember to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see what the other sisters have made using the cupcake punch. Have a great Friday.


1 comment:

  1. hey there, I've just discovered your blog and love your work!! I'd like to present you with the Stylish Blogger Award, please stop by my blog to collect it.

    Rebecca @ Scrappywonder.blogspot.com ;)

    ReplyDelete