Friday, September 17, 2010

Remember, I said a "Wheely" good Friday?

Well it's time. I'm sure you guessed what I meant by that, right?  Over at Sisters in Stamping our challenge this week was to use the new wheels in the Holiday Mini Catalog.  (Remember if you didn't get your copy yet, let me know and I'll get one to you).

I personally like the wheels, they are quick and easy, now that's my kind of crafting.  That's the patient side of me. LOL Anyway, for my project I used the new builder wheels (page 35 in the mini) Little Cardinals, Little Christmas and Little Ornaments to make a sweet little treat bag.


The bags are also from the holiday mini catalog.  They are called mini lunch sacks.  They even have the fabulous scallop top already done for you so all you need to do is stamp and embellish.  Yippee!!!!

I wheeled using basic black ink and then colored in the cardinals and ornaments using real red, garden green, pacific point, and daffodil delight Stampin' Write markers.  I also used the white gel pen for the snow and to accent some of the ornaments.  I must say that's what really made the bag.  Before the gel pen it was just okay, but after everything seemed to pop more.

Once I was finished I folded over the top of the bag and used the white gel pen to put circles in the center of each scallop.  To hold the bag closed I used Real Red 3/8" taffeta ribbon. It is just around the bag and tied in a knot.

Don't forget to stop by the Sisters in Stamping blog to see what the other sisters did with their wheels.  And next week, we have some BLOG CANDY to give away so be sure to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment