Friday, August 27, 2010

Defined lines.....

That's what I get everytime I use an embossing folder with the Big Shot.  And I must admit that I absolutely love the look you get.  I'm always impressed with the end result because the embossing folders are simply fabulous!  So what better to focus on on Fabulous Friday then, right?  That's right, over at Sisters in Stamping we are looking at what we can do with embossing folders today.  So head on over there to see what the other sisters have done.

I must admit, I'm loving square cards right now.  Last week, I did a Hip to be Square Card class where we made 4 different square cards.  They are little different than what we normally make so I think that's why I'm liking them so much.  I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do.  It was a quick, pretty simple card to make that gives a big bang for your buck (in my not so humble opinion).


I used textured cardstock to begin with.  Both the very vanilla and marina mist cardstock have texture to them already.  Another thing that I'm really liking right now, textured cardstock.  I ran the top layer of marina mist through the big shot using the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  A lot of detail but it's still very delicate looking.  I felt the little circles on the cards were just screaming to hold some of our great half back pearls.  I know that's why they are on the folder to begin with.  :  )

I then used the Thanks Embosslit to add a greeting to this card.  I ran it through the big shot twice (once using very vanilla cardstock and once using marina mist cardstock.  I then cut the center piece out of the marina mist piece and layered it onto the very vanilla thanks.  To finish it off, I added some cute little pearls to each end of the label. Don't forget to attach it using some dimensionals.  (You didn't think I'd make a card without them, did you?)

I also added a 1 1/4" marina mist striped grosgrain piece of ribbon and some smooch spritz in vanilla shimmer.  I know that's really difficult to see in the picture but it's really there. I promise.  It really finishes off the card nicely.

I will post the cards from the Hip to be Square class this weekend.  I'll do 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday so be sure to check back.

Don't forget, there's more for you to look at on the Sisters in Stamping blog.  Go check it out.

Also, the Summer Mini catalog is ending in a few short days.  4 to be exact.  If you want something from there let me know by Tuesday evening.

Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment