Sunday, November 7, 2021

Always Thinking of You

Hello Stamping Friends,

Welcome to another week with the Sisters in Stamping. This week's theme is thinking of you. I made this card with someone very special in mind, It's not just any thinking of you card that you may have on hand and want to send. Continue reading to find out more.


I made this card with my mom in mind. Today is the 27th anniversary of her passing at the young age of 40 years old. I always think of her with all my heart and am so grateful for the memories I do have of her.


This is not a normal color selection for me, but I chose it because so many things in our home at the time of her passing were the country blue and rose that was so popular back then. And there were definitely hearts involved as well. They are definitely not my colors, but they do make me smile as I think of my mom with all my heart.


Here's a close up of the side of the card because you really can't see the detail in the first picture.  I scrunched the ribbon by waving it back and forth, left and right. I also cut a square vellum doily in half and attached it to the back of the blue strip. You don't have to use things the way they look. Think outside the box and you will be pleasantly surprised at how much more versatile your supplies become.

I also stamped the large brushed-looking heart all over the background of the petal pink cardstock. I know it's not easy to see they are hearts, but it adds texture to an otherwise ordinary piece of cardstock.

Hearts aren't only for Valentine's Day either, so take them out and create all year long. 

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see more thinking of you card ideas.

Here's a picture of my mom just a few short months before her unexpected passing. She had a massive heart attack which is another reason why the hearts are so meaningful to me.  Thanks for letting me share my mom with you today and letting me have my moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment