Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Crafty Challenge Blog Hop

Hello Stamping Friends,

This crafty challenge blog hop is focusing on a great card sketch. Sometimes, I find the layout the most difficult part of creating, so card sketches definitely take the hard work out of designing. 


The sketch is great for so many different card occasions. Of course, you can easily change out the hearts and place something else there like I did. A sketch, for me, is a starting point and then you make it your own.


For the most part, I followed the sketch. I just added a layer behind my designer series paper layer to make it pop and then I switched out the hearts and used a flower.



So, what do you think? Did I follow it close enough? Would you look at the sketch and then my card and say, "Yep, they are pretty much the same."?

I also embossed the pool party layer of cardstock to give the card even more texture. The designer paper certainly gives the illusion of texture as well. I love the look of stamping a simple greeting multiple times. I used white craft ink to stamp the thank you three times. I mean, honestly, if someone does something extraordinary for you, won't you say thank you repeatedly? I  know I have.

I also used the rock 'n roll technique on the flower. I inked the stamp in pool party first and then I "rolled" the stamp on the night of navy pad just getting the outside portions. I also cut off some of the flower to make it a bit smaller to fit the design of the card better.

Don't forget to keep hopping by clicking the links below for more inspiration. Also, if you'd like to order any of the items I used or any other supplies, head over to my website to do that.

Thanks for stopping by. See you soon.





Product List
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
[101731]
$8.00

3 comments: