Friday, July 31, 2015

Notecards, the Perfect Gift

Thanks for stopping by today. Today at Sisters in Stamping we have some great notecard sets and holders to share with you. You can never have enough notecards on hand so these are perfect to make for yourself and even better to make and give as gifts. With the Christmas holiday quickly approaching (you know it is), you can get a head start on those handcrafted gifts you want to give.


This is the outside of the holder. I made a folder to hold 8 notecards and envelopes. I scored and 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cucumber crush cardstock at 5 1/2" on the 11" side and at 2 1/2" on the 8 1/2" side. Fold on the score lines and cut the center of the 2 1/2" fold at 5 1/5" so the side lay better. (You'll see an inside picture below to make it easier to understand what I just typed, lol)


I designed the outside of the holder after I made the cards so that it would coordinate with what was inside perfectly.


Here is the what the inside of the holder looks like. Does it take you back to your school days with the many folders you needed for each subject? Notice once, I cut the center of that 2 1/2" folded piece I just cut a small angle out of each side to make it look more appealing than the straight edges you are left with after cutting.


I stamped 4 different greetings in two different colors on the cards. I also colored 4 of the designer paper strips using watermelon wonder for the flowers and 4 using delightful dijon.


Just a close-up of one of the notecards so you can see it better. When I colored the designer paper I did small sections at a time, so that I could "smear" the color a little with my finger before it dried completely. I saw this done at convention last week and it really does add to the vintage look of the paper.  I used the delightful dijon lace to add some texture to the card without a lot of bulk, which is just what you want for a set of notecards. It is attach with the awesome new tear & tape adhesive. You are going to love that adhesive, even if you hated sticky strip (aka scary tape). The Tear & tape adhesive is much more user friendly, I promise.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment