Friday, July 25, 2014

Happy Times

Hello Stamping Friends,

Happy Friday to you! You know what Friday means, right? Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we are doing a sketch challenge, using designer series paper.  (See the picture below) I like sketch challenges because the hard part is done for you. Don't you think the most difficult part of making a card is designing it? Well, with the design done, you just need to fill in paper and stamps. Pretty simple!

 
Don't forget this month's special is Designer Series Paper, buy 3 get 1 FREE. The sketch challenge works perfect for this special too. We all have scraps of paper around that we need something to do with it.  So get out your paper and try this sketch for yourself.

 
Here is what I came up with. I only used one stamp (for the greeting) on the entire card. The rest of the card was designed using the Maritime designer series paper. Pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

 
Even the octopus holding the sailboat, starfish, and lobster is designer paper. Seriously, it was that easy! What do you think? I know the cutting of the octopus is tedious but it's so darn cute, I couldn't help myself. I actually didn't even buy the coordinating stamp set, yet! However, I knew I could create some cute things using the designer paper so I had to have it.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Something to Say
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White Cardstock and Maritime Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Arrows Embossing Folder, Tiny Triangles Embossing Folder, Circles Framelits, Dimensionals, Paper Snippers & Snail Adhesive
 
Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see the other designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment