Monday, May 19, 2014

Flowers are Blooming

Hello Stamping Friends,

Flowers are blooming everywhere. Even my lilac tree (that rooted itself from a thrown away branch form picked flowers over 10 years ago. Good thing the garbage can got knocked over that week) is finally blooming. I had 1 lilac on it two years ago and I was so excited. I wouldn't even cut it off to bring in the house. I just went outside to see and smell that one little bloom. Then last year, nothing, nada, zip, so imagine my joy this year when there are over a dozen blooms on it. I just can't wait for them to open up. Any day it will happen and I'm ready for it.

Today I'm always sharing with you another beautiful set of flowers that will last much longer than any bloom you will find outside. Well, maybe not as long, depending on who's around and having a sweet tooth. I made this cute little centerpiece to welcome Spring awhile ago and have been enjoying it. I made flowers using the spiral flower die (in the Occasions catalog) and put a lollipop in the center of them to make this arrangement.

 
It will certainly brighten up any desk or table. These would be a great centerpiece for a party you may be having or a unique gift. Jonah gave one to his teacher for teacher appreciation week.

 
There are ten flowers in this pot. The nice thing is that you can take the lollipop out and if you want you can keep the paper flower part and replenish as needed. Your pot can always be full of blooms.

 
Notice here, I even embossed the flowers to give them some added texture. Some of them when rolling them into flower have the dots embossed on the outside and some are on the inside,  (strawberry slush is on the outside and the crisp cantaloupe) which just adds to the fun and overall look of the finished pot of flowers.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Summer Starfruit, Wisteria Wonder, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush,  Pool Party
Accessories: Big Shot, Spiral Flower Die, Lots of Dots Embossing Folder, Daffodil Delight Chevron ribbon, 1/8 circle punch. Non- Stampin' Up! items: Clay pot, green shredded paper filler, Styrofoam disc, hot glue, glue gun
 

No comments:

Post a Comment