Friday, September 6, 2013

Let's Hear it for the Boys!

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's Friday again and I'm really sad to announce that it's the last Friday off of summer vacation. Monday the boys go back to school and I actually have a subbing day already on Tuesday. I didn't expect to be subbing that quickly but I'm needed and I'll be there and excited to see the kiddos.

Today at Sisters in Stamping we are sharing cards for the men in our lives with you. Funny, I live with three boys (yes, I'm calling the husband a boy too) and they are the most difficult cards for me to make. I love making the "girly glittery" cards but struggle with masculine.  I must admit that I love the way today's card turned out and I think it definitely passes the masculine test.

 
Boy colors, rustic ribbon (see I couldn't help myself but to use ribbon on it, lol), and just a lot of shapes that look messy. Just the way the boys like it.  I used two sets (ones that I got at convention) to make this card, Gorgeous Grunge & Hello Lovely.  The little arrows are actually stamped, cut out and attached with dimensionals to the card. Well, honestly, so are the other greetings and the "&."  Just kind of difficult to see in the picture so I wanted to point that out.  This looks like there's a lot to make this card but honestly it came together in about 15 minutes. Not bad, right?
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Hello Lovely
Ink: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green & Summer Starfruit
Paper: Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla
Accessories: Burlap Ribbon, Dimensionals, Paper Snips & Snail Adhesive
 
Don't forget to stop on by the Sisters in Stamping blog to see more masculine inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment