Friday, September 20, 2013

Falling for Techniques


Hello Stamping Friends,

Hope you are enjoying a gorgeous day, wherever you may be. It is bright and sunny here with temps in the low 70's. That, my friends, is a wonderful day. It's also a great day to share some fall ideas with you. I know we are close to fall (it does begin tomorrow, afterall) and we are all trying to hold onto summer as long as we can but alas there's not much more holding on to be done, so the Sisters in Stamping have some fall ideas to share with you.

I have been seeing this masking tape technique around for a couple of weeks but haven't had a chance to try it out. I couldn't wait to play with it and once I did it, I was amazed at how easy a technique it is. No mess either.

 
See the stripes behind the leaves?  Well, that was done with the masking tape. Just tear a piece of tape from the roll, place it on your ink pad, rub your finger over the tape (I guess, if you aren't careful here, you can get ink on your finger), take the tape off the pad and lay it on your cardstock. Gently rub the tape and pull it back up. Wahla! A great textured stripe in any color you select.
 
I used Crushed Curry, Perfect Plum and Always Artichoke for my stripe colors. I didn't use Perfect plum much when it was in the subtle color collection but I think I will be using it much more now that it's in the regal color collection. Definitely a good move on Stampin' Up!'s part.
 
Now see, the leaf that is multi-colored?  I used the rock n roll technique on that leaf.  First you ink your stamp in the lighter color (crushed curry, here) and then roll it (slightly) into the Cajun craze pad so you have just a touch of color to the ends of the leaves.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Magnificent Maple, Express Yourself (hostess)
Ink: Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, Cajun Craze, & Basic Black
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum & Naturals White
Accessories: Paper Snips, Snail Adhesive, & Stampin' Dimensionals, & Masking tape

Don't forget to jump over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for more fall ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment