Friday, June 22, 2012

Beautiful Elements

Hello Stamping Friends,

I'm glad you have decided to join me again today for another Fabulous Friday posting with the Sisters in Stamping.  I know I have been somewhat absent and only posting on Fridays and for that I must apologize. I have been super busy making samples for Stampin' Up! for next month's convention.  I'm honored to be asked but it is a large undertaking and a bit of a challenge.  I've been working outside my comfort zone with some of the stamp sets that I needed to use.  I'll be sure to share them with you next month. Can't unveil them to you before everyone else, sorry!  But I promise once I get these in the mail today, I will be posting more often.

Today's challenge with the sisters is to use something from the Elements section of the catalog.  I used the awesome Hello, Doily for the main image on my card.  I love the way this card turned out. I embossed the doily in white and then sponged over the entire thing with Baja Breeze ink.  It just "pops!"  I decided to make this a sympathy card (even though I really don't enjoy making these because of why you need them).  I am always asked for more sympathy cards, so here is another one.


I also used the labels framelits. These framelits (and all the other ones for that matter) are A-W-E-S-O-M-E You can stamp and then cut so you don't need to worry about centering anything. I love that.  I also make a double fork bow for this card. All I did was use two pieces of ribbon at the same time to make the bow.Then when it was finished I just pulled the two loops on each side apart a little.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for even more ideas using stamps from the Element Section of the Catalog.

Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Hello, Doily and Love & Sympathy
Ink: Baja Breeze & Versamark
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, & Whisper White
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Stampin' Sponge, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Labels Framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Glue Dots and a fork

Thanks for stopping by!  See you real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment