Friday, May 11, 2012

My Digital Studio Fabulous Friday


May is National Scrapbooking month and this week at Sisters in Stamping, we are featuring My Digital Studio scrapbook layouts for Fabulous Friday. My Digital Studio (MDS) is an easy-to-use design software featuring thousands of Stampin’ Up!’s award-winning images, colors, and accessories. Compatible with both, PC and Mac operating systems.  My Digital Studio allows designers of all skill levels to create their own digital projects or use hundreds of templates to make professionally designed cards, photo albums, scrapbooks, and more. There is even an entire site dedicated to MDS with tips, tricks, techniques, the latest downloads available and galleries of projects submitted by both Demonstrators and MDS users - be sure and visit the MyDigitalStudio.Net site! And if you're curious about MDS and want to try it FREE for 30 days, contact me and I can tell you more about it.

So onto my project for this week.  I created this 12 x 12 digital scrapbook page to showcase some of the fun,creative times Jonah had at the Crayola Factory Experience in Easton, PA this week for his second grade field trip.  There are so many fun things to do at Crayola.  It's an all hands-on day of activities while visiting Crayola. You get to cut, glue, color, paint, draw on glass with markers, draw on and inside sidewalk with chalk, make a fun piece of art using melted crayons and so much more.


The whole class needed to wear green shirts so we went and bought a plain t-shirt and Jonah wanted to decorate it just for this special day.  Notice his shirts has crayons on it. He designed it and completed the shirt all by himself.  I'm so proud of the little guy. He did a wonderful job.

To create this page using MDS, I started with a Create Your Own page.  There are pages already designed for beginners that you can just drop your pictures in.  I decided to stay with the primary colors and I really like the simplicity of this project. I wanted the pictures to be more the focal point and I think I achieved that. I used punches to add some more fun (circle and square).  The punches are just peeking out from behind.  I also used some grosgrain real red ribbon and some buttons to finish it off.  The journaling is on an oval punch filled in with white cardstock and blue lettering.

Remember you can try MDS for FREE for 30 days to see how much fun it is to create digitally. Visit Sisters in Stamping for more digital inspiration.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment