Friday, March 9, 2012

Time to Simply Score

Hello stamping friends.  I'm so glad you stopped by today to checkout this week's Sisters in Stamping Fabulous Friday project.  Our focus this week is the Simply Scored Tool and the new Diagonal Plate that goes with it.

This tool make s scoring so much eaier and the diagonal plate is awesome to make envelopes for those hard to find envelopes for cards. and you can use the great Designer Series Paper to make those envelopes coordinate beautifully with your card that will be placed inside.


The Simply Scored tool can be found in the Occasions Mini Catalog. The diagonal plate is a new add-on item. It is a must-have for the Simply Scored tol.  The diagonal plate item number is #125586 and it's only $11.95.




This week, I decied to make a card using both the Simply scored for straight lines and the diagonal plate for diagonal lines to make a fun background for my card. I started with Very Vanilla Cardstock for the base and then cut another Vanilla  layer to be 1/2 inch smaller.  Before attaching that to the base of the card I scored every 1/2" inch on the straight and then I scored every 1/2" on the diagonal to create this fun background.

For the strip going across the card I used the Everyday Enchantment Designer Series paper and the Lace Ribbon Border punch.  I then stamped the Triple Treat flower single stamp in Calypso Coral, Peach Parfait and Soft Suede ink. I used the Fancy Flower, 5-petal flower, and 1/2" circle punches to punch them out.  What a breeze, no cutting.

I used dimensionals (yes, my stock came in and I'm now a happy girl) to put the layers of the flowers together.  On the back of the largest flower I made strips using  snail adhesive so I could run the ribbon behind the flower to make "leaves"  using the 1/8" organdy ribbon that is part of the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad pack.

Hope you liked this card and it inspired to you to go and create.  If you really like this card and want to make one of your own, stop by tonight for my Sale-a-bration open house between 5:00 PM and 8:00 PM.  It is one of 2 free cards that you will be able to make.

Don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more ideas using the Simply Scored and the Diagonal score plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment