Friday, March 2, 2012

Let's Get Punchin'

This week at Sister in Stamping we are focusing on projects made using punch art.  Punches are great to use so you don't need to cut something out but when you can use a punch for something other than what it was intended for it's that much better.  There are so many things you can make with punches, that I even offer a monthly punch class.  I've been doing  this class for several years and still have so many ideas to share that I will defintely be able to do the class for a few more years.  You are welcome to attend this class at any time.

I made these cute little bunny treats this past weekend for a class I was teaching at an all day Crop.  And as a bonus I will be doing these at many of my upcoming groups and workshops this month because they are so darn cute and of course Easter is right around the corner.  I used the 1"x 8" cellophane bags for these.  I filled them with some Eastery looking skittles. These are great little treats to pass out for the class or any little ones you may want to give something little to.  If you don't want to fill with candy you can easily put in a cute little pencil with egss, bunnies, or chicks on it.


This little cutie uses 6 different punches, extra large oval, large oval,  ornament, heart to heart, the circle from the itty bitty shapes punch pack, and a 1/4" circle punch.


I love the shading around the puffy part of the bunnies nose. It really adds a lot to the finished look.  Without doing it, it just doesn't look right.


Here's  a close up of the bunny.  These little bunnies are a great way to use up some scraps and they look great in a lot of different colors.  Try to make some of your own. You will love making them and have even more fun passing them out.

Don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more punch art ideas. 

Have a great day!  Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment