Friday, February 3, 2012

Valentine's Day is around the Corner

The magical day of love, Valentin'es Day will soon be upon us.  Have you made your special loved one a Valentine? This week at Sister's in Stamping we are sharing some great Valentine ideas with you.

I went for a really clean and simple look on my card.  It was inspired from a card I saw on Pinterest. This is definitely an easy one for those of you who are like me and will wait until the 11th hour to make your card.


As if you couldn't tell, I'm really loving the look of white space lately.  It just looks so clean.  I started with a white base and then added a melon mambo layer that was mostly covered by another white layer.  I then punched different colored pink hearts (two of each color except the red) from the small heart punch (great use of some scraps).  I used pink pirouette, pretty in pink, regal rose, melon mambo and the last heart is real red.  Before I attached the hearts, I stamped "got love?" from the Got Treats set in Melon Mambo.  I also drew two squiggle lines on the right hand side of this layer so that the hearts look like they are attached by strings.

The hearts are attached to the card using dimensionals.  The edges of the dimensional sheets are great for these small hearts.  Lay them out on the line before removing the paper backing from the dimensional to be sure you have them in the right spots. Trust me, I've experienced running out of room before.  After you layer the melon mambo cardstock and the stamped top layer together, add them to the front of your base using dimensionals.

Don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog to see what the others have created.


No comments:

Post a Comment