Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Picture Frame or Dry Erase Board?????

Hello Stamping Friends,

Hope you have been enjoying this warm weather today. It's such a beautiful day here in NEPA for February. And I hear it's going to get into the 50's on Friday.  Now that's not something usual at all, but I'm lovin' every minute of it.

Today's project is one that I did on Saturday at a birthday party for my friend's daughter.  Kayla contacted me through Mom's facebook and asked if I can do her party again this year. It was the third year we did some stamping and crafting for her.  Of course, I said we can do something fun that the girls would love. Then I needed to find something. Isn't that how it works?

So after browsing Pinterest and the pins on my boards, I decided to make dry erase boards with the girls using a picture frame, some designer series paper, cardstock, ribbon, pearls and the big shot.  Sounds perfect, doesn't it?


Here's the finished project.  I'm happy to report that the girls loved their boards. They were drawing on them right away.  Each girl got to choose one sheet of designer paper from the Just Eat Cake pack.  I then cut that down to 8 x 10.  The girls then cut flowers using the Blossom Party die from pumpkin pie, daffodil delight, baja breeze and wild wasabi cardstock.  They used some of the texture embossing folders on the cut flower and assembled the flowers however they wanted.  I always love seeing how different everyone's turns out even though they all use the same products.  We added some ribbon to them and they looked great.  I didn't get a picture of everyone with their new dry erase boards (didn't think of it) but I can tell you this, they really enjoyed making them and were proud of their finished projects.

I think these would make excellant gift ideas that are really easy to customize to the recipients favorite colors and likes.

Hope you have been inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment