Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Little Tea Just for You

Just wanted to drop by today and share with you a cute little card that everyone made at this month's Stamp a Stash that was held on Thursday evening.  (Missed it, that's okay, mark your calendar now for March's stash, Thursday, March 29 at 6:30 PM)

But first I have to share this funny little story with you, actually I don't find it funny at all. I ran out of dimensionals last week. So I had a workshop on Friday and I had to make all of my projects without any dimensionals. Now if you have been following my blog for any time at all you know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those little buggers, so you can imagine my dismay. Well, I finally broke down and sent my sister an urgent plea for dimensionals via text on Tuesday morning because I simply couldn't bear doing my workshop that night without them. Guess what, she was out of them too. Can you imagine? So lo and behold she reached out to someone she knows and she only had one sheet of these awesome accessories left but she let me borrow them. I felt so much better and complete when I went to my workshop Tuesday evening. Don't worry there are 10 packs of awesomeness on their way to my door as I type. I hope to never have an experience like that again. It was devastating. LOL



I had a request to use the Tea Shoppe set from the Occasions Mini Catalog (Yes, I do take requests, so let me know what you would like for March). I must admit when I started creating this card I had a totally different vision in my head.  Once I started to put it together on paper, I wasn't loving it, so I changed gears and this is what I finally decided on.  Hope you think it's just a pretty as I do.

I used the Attic Boutique Designer Series Paper on this card.  First time using it.  It's such a pretty paper, not sure why it took me so long to crack open the pack. Everyone at the class received 4 different patterns, so all of their cards were a little different but all coordinated beautifully.

I used So Saffron cardstock as the base (even though it looks much brighter in this picture) because I wanted a soft looking card.  The next layer is pool party and then the piece of designer series paper.  I stamped the trio of tea cups from the Tea Shoppe set and then cut them out and mounted them on the small strip vertically using dimensionals.  I added some of the awesome Blushing Bride 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon (also from the Occasions mini catalog) to bring out more of the pink.  I stamped the "just for you" greeting in pool party inside the basic gray label and punch that out and attached it with dimensionals.

Hope you enjoyed today's inspiration.  Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment