Friday, December 2, 2011

Winter Wishes

Today at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing on Winter/Christmas thank you cards.  We can never have too many thank you cards this time of year (or anytime for that matter).

I went for the non-traditional card this time around.  I love snowmen so I like to use them as often as possible.  The Merry Winter set is so fun (it also isn't the traditional looking snowmen, they look like they should be smore snowmen, what do you think?)

I used some non-traditional Christmas colors but I love the way this card looks.  It's soooooo fun.  I used the Brights patterns paper pack (tempting turquoise, rich razzleberry, and old olive).  Whisper white is the base and then I used the same colors cardstock as the patterned paper for the next layer.  Then I used another layer of whisper white before attaching the patterned paper.   I like how this card has nice, clean straight lines but has a fun look because of the different directions of the lines and the different sizes of rectangles used.

Of course, I used dimensionals.  Didn't want you to think I forgot them.  The snowmen are attached to the card with them.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see what the others created today.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment