Friday, August 5, 2011

We're going All Natural today!

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday posting.  This week at Sisters in Stamping we are continuing our catalog tour and focusing on the All Natural section.  You weren't thinking something else, were you?  All I mean is that there are so many great nature type sets in this section of the catalog.  Who doesn't love flowers?  I mean, I can't keep them alive but I sure can create pretty projects with my flower stamps.

I decided not to make a card today.  I made a cute (if I don't say so myself) little box using the pillow box die and my favorite took, the Big Shot.  I used a set that I got for FREE at convention, Raining Flowers, for the outside of the box.  When I received my catalog and saw the set, I decided I "needed" to have it (even though I own a lot of flower sets).  Boy, what I thrilled when I realized I was getting in my Convention Bag.



I used Lucky Limeade, Pool Party and Melon Mambo for my color combination.  I really like the look of these colors together.  I also used the circles die for the pool party circle that is the background for my flower.  Each layer of the flower is stamped, cut out and layered together with dimensionals. (You figured that one out already, right.  Afterall, I am Rachel, and I LOVE using dimensionals any chance I get).

I used the 1 1/4" striped grosgrain in Melon Mambo to tie my box closed.  Actually the ribbon is just around the box and I used the white baker's twine to tie the ribbon ends together. This gives it a nice clean look with out the bulk of a knot.



Here's a close up of the box.  See the image on the box itself?  I stamped polka dot (another favorite thing of mine) stamp from the Borderlines set all over the box while it was still flat.  It really adds a lot to the finished look of this project.

Hope you enjoyed the project today.  Remember to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for even more ideas using sets from the All Natural section of the catalog.  Come back next week to see sets using the Elements section.  (Hey, do you think anyone will notice if I use today's project for next week too?  I mean, I used a set from the Elements section too.  Just kidding, I will have something new for you so be sure to come back.)

Have a great week and thank you for stopping by.

Remember this month's special is Buy 3 Get 1 Free for Designer Series Paper.  Order your favorite patterns now and save.

No comments:

Post a Comment