Friday, October 22, 2010

What are you supposed to do with that cork anyway?

Isn't that a question you have been asking since the new catalog came out?  I bought some of the cork right away but I must admit that this is the first project I have made with it.  I just wasn't sure how to use it.  You can find the cork sheets on page 205 on the Idea Book and Catalog with all the other materials we sell that is great to use with the big shot.

Well this week at Sisters in Stamping we were challenged to use the cork sheets.  Great, right?  Not!  Only because I was stumped until late this morning.  But I must say I think the project turned out pretty cute afterall.  It just really stretched my imagination.

Here it is, a cute, little Christmas Banner made of Gingerbread Men holding the word Joy. Did I do okay, afterall?  Love to hear what you think, so leave a comment.

 

The three gingerbread are die cuts of the clear flower die (114534) on page 207.  They are attached to a strip of early espresso 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon using hot glue.



I'll show you each letter individually so you can see them up close and personal.  For the white trim around each one, I drew the lines and faces with a white gel pen first.  Then I used the versamarker and white embossing powder over that.  Heat set and then you have a very vibrant outline for your "cookie".



Each letter was cut with the Serif Essentials Alphabet dies from the Jolly Holiday designer series paper. Each letter uses a different design to add more interest to the finished project.


I also used the Regals buttons on each of the gingerbread men because they need to be decorated nice, right?  The buttons are attached using the mini glue dots.

Hope you enjoyed this project and are ready to make one of your own.  Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see the awesome cork projects the other sisters made.  Have a wonderful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment