Friday, April 16, 2010

Two of my favorite Things.....

Good Friday to you friend. The sun is shining and it's getting a bit warmer each day. What can be better than that? Oh wait, I know, Fabulous Friday at Sisters in Stamping, where you get 4 new ideas every Friday. This week the sisters were challenged to to something, anything with the Big Shot. That's one of my favorite things. I absolutely love the Big Shot. It makes great projects with such ease. I offer a monthly Big Shot Club if you are interested in owning one of these great tools. Just contact me and I'll get the information out to you.
My other favorite thing is polka dots. Many of you already know this but honestly, I LOVE polka dots. I just have to have them if I see them. It may be crazy but it's true.

So this week I used the Big Shot and the Fancy Favor Box die (it's a BIGZ XL die) with polka dot felt to make the cutest little bag ever. The thing I like most about this bag is that it won't get thrown away like a paper bag may.


Isn't it adorable? These would be the cutest little favor bags for a little girls or even a big girl party. I cut one full favor box from the pink and white polka dot felt, then I took a strip of the black felt and cut just the top of it to match the favor box already cut.  The creases are as predominant when using the felt but it was still easy to figure out because of the bottom flaps. Just fold where each flap ends and your good. I used hot glue to hold the bag together. I also cut a piece of chipboard the size of the bottom of the bag so it would be a little sturdier.



I wanted a handled on this one so I took a strip of the pink polka dot felt and cut it at the top of the favor box die. I then turned it around and cut the other side the same way so that I had the design on both sides of the felt. I back it with a black strip of felt that was a tad bit bigger than the pink.  The handle is hot glued to the inside of the bag.


For the flower on the front of the bag I used the Flower Layers # 3 Bigz die. I cut three large flowers (pink polka dot, black and white) and then I cut 2 of the smaller flowers (black and pink polka dot). All 5 flowers are stacked together by slightly off centering each flower as they are stacked. The flower is hot glued together and then hot glued to the front of the bag.


So there you have it. An adorable little bag for any party. It would also be good to have on a dresser for some odds and ends jewelry or you desk to hold some pens and scissors. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

Remember to stop over at the Sisters in Stamping blog for some more Big Shot ideas.

2 comments:

  1. This is so clever!! I will definitely be using this idea for a girls bday party!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I'm glad you enjoyed it enought to want to make them for a party. It was difficult to make at all. I had fun making it.

    ReplyDelete