Friday, November 13, 2009

Where does the time go?


Can't believe it's Friday again. Where does the time go? It seems like I just wake up and it's time to go to bed again. Non-stop. It sure is making me tired though.

This week's Fabulous Friday challenge was to use the tree trimmings set.
Be sure to check out the other sisters creation using this set over at Sisters In Stamping.



I decided to stamp on tiles that you find in any home improvement store. They are inexpensive and make great gifts for the Holidays. In order to stamp on coasters you will need Stampin' Up!'s Craft Ink pads. I used Basic Black, So Saffron, Rose Red, Night of Navy and Always Artichoke on these tiles.


I used the En Francais background stamp first and stamped it in So Saffron on the tile. It makes a nice background for tiles, in my humble opinion anyway. After stamping them I baked the tiles on an old cookie sheet for 15 minutes on 300 degrees. Let them cool off before preceding on to anything else.


After they were cool, I then stamped the string in Basic Black. I stamped each of the three ornaments in the set in separate colors while attaching it to the string already attached. After this step, you will need to bake again (same as above).


Once they are baked and cooled off, place furniture coasters (those little felt circles) on the bottom of each one. You can even spray an acrylic sealer (matte or glossy) on the coasters to be sure nothing damages them. Make a set of 4, tie them up with any of Stampin' Up!'s awesome ribbons and you have a great gift for anyone on your list.
Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful Weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment