Friday, October 16, 2009

I love Fabulous Friday

Today is Fabulous Friday. I think it's fabulous for several reasons. It's the last day of school this week, we had a 2 hour delay thanks to some ridiculous October snow, I have a workshop this evening that I get to stamp with some new stampers (new to me anyway) and time for another Fabulous Friday posting over at Sisters in Stamping. Remember to check out the blog to see what the other sisters did.


Over there at Sisters in Stamping we have been focusing all month on the different Big Shot dies. Well today is no different. The focus for this week is the embosslit dies. I decided to use the flower burst die that is on special this week (only $5.99 until Sunday, regular price $11.95).

I created a nice little desk set using the razzleberry lemonade designer series paper and the coordinating colors of cardstock, rich razzleberry, crushed curry and melon mambo. Isn't it a darling little set? The giant paper clips make great bookmarks. I used pop up glue dots on the center of each flower to add some chunky glitter. Look up at the first picture to see it better. To make the bookmarks you die cut 2 flowers and use a pop up glue dot on each one and then sandwich the paper clip between them.


The post it note holder is made using an arcylic frame with the part that makes it stand positioned at the top. The open space would be great for a small picture of a loved one or a mini tear off calendar. I used the white gel pen sporadically on the flowers and I think it really added a lot to the overall appearance of each project.


The above picture is a little coupon or receipt keeper. It was a clear case that I lined with the razzleberry lemonade paper. The flowers are on the outside attached again with pop up glue dots. I even tried to reposition one of the flowers on the post it note holder and I couldn't. They are really strong and do a great job.
I hope you enjoy today's projects and remember to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more ideas.
You can always order any of these projects by visiting my website to place your order online.
Hope you have a Fabulous Friday


1 comment:

  1. This is super cute Rachel. I love the colors. Stacy

    ReplyDelete