Friday, October 2, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday. I'm loving Friday more and more as my student teaching experience moves along. I love being in school with the students but I really love the weekend off.

This week's fabulous Friday challenge with the Sisters in Stamping was to use a pop up die for the Big Shot. I was going to use the Christmas tree from the mini catalog but decided to wait on that one for a bit. Instead I used the pop up cake die. I'm really please with how my wedding card turned out, I hope you enjoy it too.

This first picture is a close up of the wedding cake. I used the bridal designer series paper, whisper white, old olive and elegant eggplant cardstocks for the cake. I used the eyelet border punch to make the cake more decorative. I also used the birds and branches sizzlit decorative strip die to decorate the cake. I thought lovebirds would be a perfect cake topper.

The above picture is of the complete inside of the card with the belly band off to the left side. Isn't it a great surprise for the bride and groom when they open their wedding card?

This final picture is of the outside of the card. I continued the lovebird them to the outside by using exactly the same materials that I used on the cake itself. I made a belly band (1" x 11") out of elegant eggplant cardstock and attached ribbon the whole length to dress it up a bit while holding the card closed. The Mr. & Mrs. is stamped in craft ink and embossed with clear powder. It is from the Together Forever stamp set.
Don't forget to check out the rest of the projects created by the other "sisters" over HERE
Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful Weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment