Friday, September 11, 2009

Fabulous Friday


It's fabulous friday already. Time for more stampin' with my "sister's" This week we were focusing on the Delightful Decorations set from the Holiday Mini Catalog and the coordinating wheel, punch and rub-on's. It's never too early to begin thinking in terms of Christmas projects. The projects are great this week. Be sure to check out the Sisters in Stamping Blog to see what Debbie, Jacque, and Karla have created using these products too.

I created a pouch using a 6 x6 page protector to hold Christmas tags. This is really easy to make and would be great to give as gifts to teachers, neighbors, or anyone else for that matter. It can also be converted into tags for all occasions. Your possibilities are endless.

The page protector is lined with a 6x6 sheet of old olive cardstock. The topper is a 6x6 sheet of real red cardstock folded in half and attached on the back side of the old olive using snail adhesive. Both pieces were wheeled with the Sparkle & Shine matching wheel in versamark ink. I also used the scallop edge punch on the topper. The greeting from Many Merry Messages is embossed in silver to coordinate with strings on the ornaments. To dress up the topper a bit more, I stamped the other 3 ornament stamps in old olive, real red, and crushed curry. They are attached with dimensionals (becuase they are my favorite thing).

I then used whisper white cardstock to stamp the ornament tag in old olive, real red, and crushed curry. These colors look great together, in my not so humble opinion. I used the Ornament punch to punch out each tag. Finally, I punched a hole in the top of each ornament and used the silver cording for the tags string.

If you would like to make this and need any supplies you can order online at my website or email me at dryrukanin@comcast.net and I can place the order for you.

Hope you enjoy this project and have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment