Friday, January 19, 2018

It's all Going to the Birds

Hello Stamping Friends,

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping. This week is all going to the birds. We are sharing with you cards made using a bird theme. There are a few great sets in the 2018 Occasions catalog focused on birds and there's also several great sets in the Annual catalog as well.

\

For my card, I used the Bird Banter set from the Occasions catalog. Such a fun set that is great for parties and celebrations but I chose to make my card into a thank you card. We really should send out more thank you cards and let those around us know how grateful we are for all that they do for us.

I embossed the background using the Layered Leaves dynamic embossing folder because I thought it was a great way to have the birds "in a tree" surrounded by leaves. I punched out 3 different size circles (2 1/2", 2" and 1 3/4") before stamping the different bird images on them. Yes, some details of each bird is "cut off" but that is exactly how I wanted it.  I then used the awesome Stampin' Blends to color each of the birds. I drew the branch under each bird using the Bronze stampin' blend.

I decided to stamp the thank you greeting right onto the same circle as one of the birds to not take away from the overall look of the card.

I'm so happy with how this turned out. Imagine the possibilities when you switch up the colors. Every card you make can loo so different. Be creative and have fun.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more bird ideas.

Also, Sale-a-bration is going on now. Book your personal class for you and your friends soon. You don't want to miss out on this great once a year sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment