Friday, September 16, 2016

Time for Christmas?

Hello Stamping Friends,

Yippee! Hooray! Woohoo! Yep, that's my excitement that it's Friday. Such a good day of the week. Last day of school/work and the weekend begins. Good times, good times. Of course, it's Fall soccer season and that means a lot of soccer for the Yurkanin's. All this soccer is finally paying off, mom (aka me) finally has a tan. If you know me, you know I'm a very white girl and I don't tan. I burn and return to the crisp white color. This year, I've spent so much time on the soccer fields watching practice and games, I have a really good tan. I think driving in my car also helps. I drive with the convertible down as much as I can, especially because the weather is changing and soon I won't be able to enjoy that. I look down at my hands and wonder whose hands they are because they are so dark. I think I can get used to being tan. I just know that it won't last so I'll enjoy the color while I can. (LOL)

I will definitely be back to the almost porcelain look by Christmas, that's something I can count on. Yep, see the peppermint candies on my card, that will be me again very soon. We are all about Christmas cards over at Sisters in Stamping today. I love sending Christmas cards and receiving them too. It's always nice to receive the cards with pictures of friends and family that you haven't seen in a while. I am still working on last year's cards. They WILL go out this year. Time just got away from me.


I probably shouldn't have made a card that I absolutely loved but had SOOOOOO many steps to it. Oh well, the stuff is ready to go, so I need to finish them. (You can see the card, HERE) This gingerbread card would have definitely been a better option for me. It doesn't have nearly as many steps as the one I'm working on from last year.

There are several layers which really add to the card but there isn't a lot of cutting and the punch makes it very easy to get that cute gingerbread man ready to put on your card.  It's kind of difficult to see in this picture, but the white layer is embossed with the Cable Knit Dynamic textured impressions folder (remember, you only need one clear plate when using this folder, not the two you usually use to emboss).

Want more Christmas card ideas? Head on over to Sisters in Stamping.

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00


No comments:

Post a Comment