Friday, August 5, 2016

Fresh Fruit Lemonade, Perfect Summer Day Treat

Hello Stamping Friends,

Happy Friday to you! This week with Sisters in Stamping we are sharing projects made using the big shot. I can't not truly explain how much I absolutely LOVE my big shot. Honestly, I can't even remember what life was like before it. How in the world did I create beautiful works of art? Maybe I didn't. lol Once, Stampin' Up! brought the big shot to us, my crafting world was changed forever. Seriously don't know what I did without it so many years.

Enough about that. This week I used the Jar of Love bundle for my card. This is a card that was made at one of my product classes last month. I have a great group of ladies that invite me to do a private class for them. They pick the stamp/bundle they want and I make three cards and a 3D/gift item to go with it that they all get to make the day of the class. I have to say this card was my favorite one from this particular class. I love, love, love the way it turned out.


Who doesn't love a nice frosty glass, 'er mug, of lemonade on a hot summer day? And if it's strawberry lemonade, that's even better for me. For the quilted looking background on this card, I used the Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper. Just cut the pieces to fit together like a puzzle. That's what quilting is like, isn't it? I then stamped the jar onto vellum paper and sponge brayered the back side with daffodil delight ink to fill it up with lemonade.

I cut a paper straw down to fit inside the jar and cut out a piece of a lemon and a strawberry from the designer paper to add some cute embellishments to the jar. Wrap the jar with some baker's twine and there you have the best looking jar of lemonade a girl can ask for. (Not sure the guys would be as fond of it as we chics can be)

I used half of an In Color Doily in Watermelon Wonder, since that's the color in the Fresh Fruit Designer Paper to place the jar on. Kind of makes it look like it's sitting on a table. Or so I think. I then finished the card off with some stitching marks using a basic black marker. You do need stitches when quilting.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more great projects using the Big Shot. 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment