Friday, August 15, 2014

Nothing Better Than Some Lovely Lace Flowers

Hello Stamping Friends,

How are you on this fine (crisp, here in NEPA) Friday? Since it is Friday, you know what that means, Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we are focusing on flowers. We all love flowers and have a ton of flowers (because we really do love them that much) so we thought to share with you some great flower projects.

 
This card was fun to make. I had a group of ladies ask me to show them this after they saw it in the catalog. I changed mine up a bit but the technique is what was shown in the catalog on page 174. I used the lovely lace embossing folder for this card. You ink the folder with versamark ink put your paper down and stamp it like it was a background stamp. Lift the paper up and "carefully dump" (my technical terms) embossing powder over the cardstock. Shake of excess and heat emboss. Then color in the image with one of the great chalk markers. Finish off with a ribbon and a greeting and you are done. I even put a few rhinestones on some of the flower centers to jazz it up a bit more.
 
It was a fun card to make. I also didn't color in the large flowers (unlike the sample in the catalog) to give it a different look. So I cased (copied and stole everything) but made it my own. lol 

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more great flower projects today.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment